You have been asked to disable a rule contained within a ManagementPack that has been imported into the SCOM Console.
1. Go to start -> All Programs->System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2. Expand the view.
2. Move down to Operations Console and double click on it to start the program.
3. After the console is up, move the cursor to the Authoring ribbon on the left of the console window and double click on it.
4. Expand the Management Pack Object.
5. Select Rules.
6. Either click on the Scope toolstripbutton just to the left and above the Rules caption or click the like that is titled: Change Scope. You can use this tool to narrow down your search. If you don’t know what you’re looking at, this may not be the best way to filter your search.
7. After you’ve limited your search, use the search option and type in the exact name of the rule you want to override.
8. This document will use the “Duplicate IP Address has been detected” rule as an example.
9. There are three. You will need to do all three if you want to have the rule completely disabled.
10. Click on the top one if it isn’t already highlighted.
11. Right click on it. Click on the Override Summary. I no one else has performed any overrides, this should be empty.
12. Right Click on the rule, go to Overrides and click on Disable Rule. You will see:
13. For All Objects of Class: Windows Server 2008 R2 Core Operating System. Select it.
14. A window prompt will pop up and ask you if you’re sure this is what you want to do. Click yes.
15. Again, right click on the rule. Go to Override Summary and select it. You’re new override should now be listed in the summary.
16. Repeat the process.